Veterans Services Office
To serve Randolph County veterans and their dependents, assuring that all VA claimants have consistent availability of qualified representation and assistance in obtaining benefits administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Veterans Services works to ensure the highest quality of
claims preparation and development for veterans and their
dependents with the intent of affording the claimants the
benefits to which they are entitled. A working knowledge of
regulations is maintained and updated concerning veterans
benefits. Staff attempt to reach out to disenfranchised and
unserved veterans and establish working relationships with
local, state, and federal organizations to assist veterans and
their families who are in need of medical, mental health,
educational, or other services and those readjusting from
military to civilian life.
Services Available at the Randolph County Veterans Service Office
- Burial Benefits - Assistance to family members in applying for
headstones and markers for graves, burial expenses reimbursement, burial
flags and Presidential Memorial Certificates.
- Educational Benefits for Veterans and Dependents -
Various education and training programs including the Montgomery GI bill and
Veterans Education Assistance Program. Survivors and Dependents Educational
Assistance, and Federal Employment and On-the-Job Training, may be available
to assist veterans in furthering their education. Visit the
Department of Veterans Affairs website for more information.
- Enroll in
ChampVA Insurance - The Civilian Health and Medical Program of the
Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) is a comprehensive health care
program in which the VA shares the cost of covered health care services and
supplies with eligible beneficiaries.
- Enroll in VA Healthcare - Visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs
Health Care Administration page.
- File Appeals - If you do not like a VA decision, most can be appealed.
Start by contacting our office at 336.318.6909 for an appointment.
- File Disability Compensation
- File Non-Service Connected Disability Pension
Loan Guaranty Home Loan Program - Assistance in obtaining VA guaranteed loans for a
home, lot, manufactured home or condominium. Visit the US Department of
Veterans Affairs website
FAQ page for answers about who is eligible for a VA loan and reuse of
eligibility for another VA loan.
- Obtain DD 214 - Visit the
National Archives website, the official repository for records of
military personnel who have been discharged from the U.S. Air Force, Army,
Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard.
- Property Tax Exclusions for 100% Disabled Veterans
- Survivor Benefits - Dependents and survivors of Veterans may apply for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation if the surviving member dies on active duty or as a result of service related disabilities. Visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs website Benefits For Dependents and Survivors page.
- Office Hours:
8am - 5pm M-F
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Shaw Building
158 Worth Street
Asheboro, NC 27203 map
- American Legion
- Asbestos Exposure
- Congressman Richard Hudson
- Congresswoman Renee Ellmers
- Department of Veteran's Affairs
- eBenefits Federal Gov Portal
- Flag Etiquette - American Legion
- GI Bill
- Military Exposures
- National Archives - Military Service Records and Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs, DD Form 214)
- NC Division of Veteran's Affairs
- Randolph Community College Office of Financial Aid and Veteran's Affairs
- VA Benefits
VA Kids page