Concealed Carry Information
New Concealed Carry Permits Monday – Wednesday – Friday.
Renewals for Concealed Carry Permits will be done on Tuesday & Thursday only.
Public fingerprinting will be done on Tuesday & Thursday only – Without Appointment.
For your convenience we now offer Permitium Service for CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS. Click here to apply.
NOTE: On August 11th, 2004, the Governor signed into law that citizens with a CCW (Concealed Carry Weapons Permit) can purchase handguns through dealers, using their CCW. It is no longer necessary for these citizens, who have already been approved to carry a concealed weapon and have been fingerprinted, to come to the Sheriff's Office to obtain a Handgun Purchase Permit.
Concealed Carry Weapon Application Requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Provide a valid N.C. State Identification Card or N.C. Driver's License reflecting correct address - and proof of residency in N.C. and Randolph County for 30 days.
- Original Certificate of N.C. approved firearms safety course.
- Naturalized citizens must bring original certificated of citizenship.
- Must show proof of Military Discharge
For disqualifiers see N.C. Firearms Laws under Federal Gun Control Act of 1968 Title 18 U.S.C. Sections 921 and 922 and Title 27 - Code of Federal Regulations.
The Sheriff may require, if necessary, any documentation required to complete either of these application processes.
Application for Concealed Handgun Permit
For your convenience we now offer Permitium Service for CONCEALED
Click here to apply.