REVIEW AND APPROVAL PROCESS FOR MAJOR SUBDIVISIONS
A major subdivision is defined as a division of property into more than three lots created for purposes of sale or building development. In most instances, a Major Subdivision will require rezoning into a classification other than Residential Agricultural (RA). Randolph County Growth Management policies require that County Planning staff maintain a formal review process for Major Subdivision proposals. The following is a list of the submittal and review process:
- Complete the Preliminary Plat/Subdivision Application and return to the Planning Department with all information contained on the application form (ex. deed restrictions, maintenance agreements, permission from property owner, etc.).
- In-office review of the application packet by the Planner and Planning Information Specialist.
- Technical Review Committee meets and provides recommendations to developer who may or may not follow these recommendations.
- Planning staff will meet the developer and surveyor on the site. The required and/or recommended changes from the Technical Review Committee are reviewed. The developer is then notified of the cut-off for the revised plat and application fee payment.
- New plat and Application for Property Rezoning, along with fee, is submitted in the Planning Department.
- The Neighborhood Information Meeting for the request will be scheduled.
- The Technical Review Committee reviews comments and recommendations made during the Neighborhood Information Meeting. The Planner will provide additional recommendations to the developer and/or their representative based on Technical Review Committee review.
- The Planning Board Public Hearing (Recommendations to County Commissioners).
- The Board of Commissioners Public Hearing (Final authority on Rezoning).
Download/view the Preliminary Plat/Subdivision Application*Preliminary Plat/Subdivision Application*
*The Preliminary Plat/Subdivision Application opens in Adobe® Acrobat format, which requires Acrobat Reader. Click here to download for free.)
204 E. Academy St.
Asheboro, NC 27203 map
- Citizen's Guide to Property Development
- Forms & Downloads
- Flood Insurance Study
- Growth Management Plan
- Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Preliminary Plat Approval Process
- Stormwater Education
- Unified Development Ordinance
- Voluntary Agricultural District Program
- Water Quality - Construction Sites