Frequently Asked Questions
What type of services do you offer?
Do I need an appointment?
All health department clinic services are by appointment. Please call the following numbers to make an appointment:
- Family Planning 336.318.6882
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program (BCCCP) 336.318.6882
- Pregnancy Test 336.318.6882
- Immunizations 336.318.6882
- STD/HIV Testing 336.318.6882
- TB Test/Screening 336.318.6882
- Labwork 336.318.6882
What should I bring with me?
Please bring the following to all appointments:
- Proof of most recent income information
- Insurance, Medicaid, Medicare card(s)
- Proof of your current address (bank statement, utility bill, etc.)
When are the Rabies Clinics?
The last Tuesday of March, June and September, and the second Tuesday in December (every year).
What Vets participate in the Rabies Clinic?
Who do I contact regarding Health Fairs?
The Health Education Section: 336-318-6196
How do I find out a Restaurant's Health Score?
Where can I get Statistical Information?
Animal Control: 336.683.8235
Environmental Health: 336.318.6262 *
Other Contact & Appointment Information
IRA McDowell Building
2222B South Fayetteville St.
Asheboro, NC 27205 map it
213 Balfour Drive
Archdale, NC 27263 map it
(Wic only - View schedule)
*EH @ Central Permitting Building
204 E Academy Street,
Asheboro, NC map it