Safe Kids Randolph County
To Protect Randolph County’s children (birth to age 18) from unintentional, preventable childhood injuries and resulting deaths by: uniting diverse groups and individuals, developing and implementing educational programs; initiating public policy changes; and increasing awareness within local and regional communities of the problem of childhood injuries.
- Child Passenger Safety
- Bicycle Safety
- Fire Prevention
- Poison Prevention / Medication Safety
- Pedestrian Safety
- Heatstroke Awareness
- Child Passenger Safety Clinics
- Medication Take-back (Operation Medicine Drop)
- Bike Rodeos
- Never Leave Your Child Alone (Hot Cars)
- Halloween Safety
- International Walk to School Day (Pedestrian Safety)
Car Seat Distribution Program:
Criteria for Car Seats: Please note: Car seats are NOT free!!!
- Individuals receiving public assistance; preferably Medicaid Eligible, food stamps, WIC, Work First, etc.
- Clients will be seen for installation of the car seat by appointment ONLY!
- Car Seats are $30.00. Booster seats are no longer available.
- No more than two seats will be given to one family.
- Clients will be shown how to properly install their seats, but will have to demonstrate their understanding of the installation by reinstalling the seat before leaving the health department.
Medication Drop Box:
The Randleman Police Department and the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office have installed medication drop boxes designed for prescription pills. The drop boxes were provided by the National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators. The boxes are designed for people to drop off their expired and/or no longer needed medication. According to recent statistics, more than seven million Americans currently abuse prescription drugs.
Safe Kids Randolph County is comprised of the following member agencies:
- RC Health Department
- Archdale Police Department
- Asheboro City Police Department
- Asheboro City Schools
- Asheboro Fire Department
- Department of Social Services
- Family Crisis Center
- Head Start
- Nationwide Insurance
- Partnership for Children
- Randleman Police Department
- Randolph Community College
- RC Child Development Services Agency
- RC Cooperative Extension 4H
- RC Sherriff’s Department
- School for the Deaf and Hard-of-hearing
Animal Control: 336.683.8235
Environmental Health: 336.318.6262 *
Other Contact & Appointment Information
IRA McDowell Building
2222B South Fayetteville St.
Asheboro, NC 27205 map it
213 Balfour Drive
Archdale, NC 27263 map it
(Wic only - View schedule)
*EH @ Central Permitting Building
204 E Academy Street,
Asheboro, NC map it