Randolph County Historic Courthouse, 1909
At the July 1, 1907,
meeting of the Randolph County Board of Commissioners there
was lengthy discussion of the need for a larger, more
conveniently located building for county offices and the
courts. On July 12, 1909, in time for the first term
of court, the new courthouse was completed and has remained
a significant building in the growth and development of the
City of Asheboro and Randolph County. On December 4,
2008, upon recommendation of the Board of County
Commissioners, and the County Historic Landmark Commission,
the Asheboro City Council designated the 1909 Courthouse as
Randolph County’s first official Local Historic Landmark.
History of the Courthouse
~ By Mac Whatley, 29 September 2008.
of the Randolph County Courthouses / updated May 2011