Raymond Cox Mill
The Raymond Cox Mill, ca. 1770, was one of the last operating grist mills in the state having been last run by Raymond and Flossie Cox from the 1930’s until his death in 1986. The mill is located in an area where William Cox received a land grant from the King of England in 1757 which noted a Cox Mill Creek implying that the mill was already in existence as of 1757.
Cox's Mill Encampment at Buffalo Ford on Deep River - July 1780