Purchase GIS Data
All Data Layers displayed on Geographical Inquiry System can be obtained from the county for a small fee. Vector (Line & Polygon) Data can be copied to CD in ESRI's shapefile format. A CD with all Geographic Data can be obtained for $75.00. Subsets of the data can be reproduced on CD for a minimum of $50.00. This data only includes a limited amount of parcel information. Detailed parcel information would have to be obtained through Randolph County’s Tax Department.
A Countywide copy of 2007 Aerial Photos in MrSID image compression format on DVD can be purchased for $100.00.
MrSID images can be viewed with most mapping software (ArcGIS and AutoCAD).
- To view MrSID images with Internet Explorer a window’s browser plugin must be downloaded from LizardTech.
GIS Data requests can be made by e-mail to: email@example.com
Free 2007 Aerial Photos
5000 x 5000 foot Aerial Photos in MrSID image compression format can be downloaded from NC One Map for free. These images are based on 200 scale tax map grids. There are 939 images that cover Randolph County.
- Image(s) needed can be determine by Tax Map Number or Parcel
Identification Number(PIN) obtained by Randolph County’s
Geographic Inquiry System.
- Or use the Randolph County Orthophoto Index to find area
- Determine image needed from PIN.
- Download Data from NC One Map
- When downloading images make sure you copy .sid (image file) and .sdw (world file ~ to be used with mapping software).
- Information Technology
- Tax Department
- Real Property
- Access GIS
- Disable Pop Ups
- GIS User Guide
- Information Technology Department
- Real Property Tax System
- Request GIS Data
- Tax Department
Cities, Towns and Municipalities in Randolph County