Early Voting & Same Day Registration
The Randolph County Board of Elections conducts early voting prior to each election. Early voting is held at the Board of Elections office during regular business hours from the third Thursday before each election through the Saturday prior to Election Day. Additional early voting locations may also be provided based on anticipated turnout.
Who can vote at an early voting site?
Any eligible Randolph County voter may vote at any Randolph County early voting site. All ballot styles are available at every early voting site, so you will receive the same ballot you would receive if you went to your assigned polling place on Election Day.
Any eligible Randolph County voter may also register and vote at early voting. Voters must be able to provide acceptable forms of identification in order to register to vote at an early voting site. A new registrant may vote ONLY at an early voting site in the county of registration during early voting and not on Election Day.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- A valid NC driver’s license with current address/current name
- A current utility bill with name and current address
- A current telephone or mobile phone bill
- A current electric or gas bill
- A current cable television bill
- A current water or sewage bill
- A passport
- A government-issued photo ID
- U.S. military ID
- A license to hunt, fish, own a gun, etc.
- A property or other tax bill
- Automotive or vehicle registration with current address
- Certified documentation or naturalization
- A public housing or Social Security Agency document
- A check, invoice, or letter from a government agency
- A student photo ID along with a document from the school showing the student’s name and current address
- A paycheck or paycheck stub from an employer or a W-2 statement
- A bank statement or bank-issued credit card statement
Proof of residence does not include any piece of mail
addressed to the voter.
If you cannot supply acceptable Proof-of-Residence, your registration form cannot be processed until the required information is provided.
- Elections Office:
- Shaw Building
- 158 Worth Street
- Asheboro, NC 27203 map
- 336.318.6900 phone
- 336.318.6903 fax
- Office Hours: 8am - 5pm M-F
- Special Hours During Early
- Absentee Voting
- Campaign Finance
- Candidate Filing
- Early Voting
- Election Day
- Polling Places
- Precinct Officials
- Register to Vote
- Same Day Registration
- Voter Registration Form
- de registro de votantes
- Campaign Finance Link to NCSBOE
- Filing Forms Link to NCSBOE
- Precinct Official Application
- Removed Voter
- Am I registered to Vote?
- Budget Information
- Detailed Guide
- Elected Officials Guide
- Federal Election Commission
- Federal Voting Assistance
- NC General Assembly- who represents me?
NC State Board of Elections
- Chairman: C. Pierre (Pete) Oldham
- Secretary: Nancy Williams
- Member: Darren Allen
- Director: Melissa T. Johnson
- The Board of Elections meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month @