Candidate Filing Information
- 2013 Candidate Filing Dates
- Filing Begins Friday, July 5, at noon
- Filing Ends Friday, July 19, at noon
2013 Filing Fees and Offices for Election
- Federal, State and County Filing Forms (SBOE)
- NC General Assembly Redistricting Information
Filing Location for State
Legislature and County and City Offices
Randolph County Board of Elections
158 Worth Street, Asheboro, NC 27203
Please allow one hour to complete filing paperwork.
In order to expedite campaign filing, you may download and complete Campaign Finance Forms to submit to Randolph County Board of Elections on the day of filing
Fees must be paid by personal check or money order.
Campaign Finance Information
Who must file campaign reports?
Any candidate, referendum committee or political action committee as defined by NCGS §163-278.6 must register by filing the appropriate organizational forms. Those persons filing Campaign Finance forms with the Randolph County Board of Elections are candidates for:
- County Commissioners
- Clerk of Superior Court
- Register of Deeds
- Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisors
- Mayors and City/Town Council Members/Commissioner Members
- Board of Education Members
- Referendum committees and PACs influencing issues strictly within the confines of Randolph County register with the Randolph County Board of Elections
Where can I download Campaign Finance Forms?
What forms must be filed?
The forms are varied, depending on the type of committee and the amount of committee expenditures and receipts. Most committees file a Statement of Organization, a Certification of Treasurer, a Certification of Financial Account Information and periodic financial Disclosure Reports. Those candidate committees with intentions of spending and/or receiving only $1,000 or less will file a Certification of Threshold in lieu of Disclosure Reports.
Where should these forms be filed?
All forms and reports must be delivered either by manual delivery or postal service to the Randolph County Board of Elections, 158 Worth Street, Asheboro, NC 27203. If using the U.S. Postal Service, the use of certified mail is strongly recommended.
Campaign Reporting Schedule for the 2012 Election Year
- Elections Office:
- Shaw Building
- 158 Worth Street
- Asheboro, NC 27203 map
- 336.318.6900 phone
- 336.318.6903 fax
- Office Hours: 8am - 5pm M-F
- Special Hours During Early
- Absentee Voting
- Campaign Finance
- Candidate Filing
- Early Voting
- Election Day
- Polling Places
- Precinct Officials
- Register to Vote
- Same Day Registration
- Voter Registration Form
- de registro de votantes
- Campaign Finance Link to NCSBOE
- Filing Forms Link to NCSBOE
- Precinct Official Application
- Removed Voter
- Am I registered to Vote?
- Budget Information
- Detailed Guide
- Elected Officials Guide
- Federal Election Commission
- Federal Voting Assistance
- NC General Assembly- who represents me?
NC State Board of Elections
- Chairman: C. Pierre (Pete) Oldham
- Secretary: Nancy Williams
- Member: Darren Allen
- Director: Melissa T. Johnson
- The Board of Elections meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month @