To provide courteous service and a straightforward process for homeowners and contractors to obtain the necessary construction permits.
The Permitting service area is responsible for assisting with administrative and financial tasks, reviewing all paperwork, maintaining various permitting files and assisting Inspection staff with research, communication drafts, etc... and assisting citizens, homeowners and contractors throughout the permitting process. This area is the primary duty of one technician who works in the Asheboro office with involvement by the director.
Permit Application Forms
When plans are submitted (2 sets for residential & 3 sets for commercial) the Plan Review Application Form must be filled out and submitted with the plans (Note: Licensed General Contractors are not required to submit Residential Plans).
For your convenience the following forms can be downloaded for use:
forms are in pdf format - visit adobe website https://get.adobe.com/reader/ for latest reader
- Completing Permit Applications
- Affidavit of Unlicensed Property Owner
- Appendix E1
- Application for Temporary Power
- Consultation Inspection
- Electrical Permit Application
- Insulation Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Mobile Home Tax Certification Application
- Owners Authorization
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Lien Agent Form
Permit applications may be emailed to email@example.com
- The owner of the residential property can always do their own work as long as the owner is going to live in the home.
- Contractors are required to sign for their own work. Only Licensed General Contractors can obtain the permit if the structure is rental or commercial.
204 E. Academy St.
Asheboro, NC 27203